the soundtrack is such a vibe
Plangman blends hangman, platforming, and physics into an interstellar fairy tale about a space pilot, the girl he loves, and the wizard who comes between them.
Stuck? Check the walkthrough.
"Innovative gameplay and plenty of heart"
- Free Game Planet
"Plangman is the platforming version of hangman, and you can’t see me now but I'm giving that portmanteau a standing ovation."
- PC Gamer
"Plangman is billed as a game that 'blends hangman and platforming' but that doesn't do its weirdness justice."
– Game Informer
"This is really good! The story was captivating, the gameplay was unique, the difficulty was just right, everything was amazing. Thank you for making this and putting it out for people to play it, I loved it."
- Reddit commenter
"I am a huge, huge fan of Plangman's delivery. Everything from how the story's told, to the gameplay, to the music, it all has this air of just wanting to tell a tale for someone to enjoy. And it does a GREAT job."
- Indie Bytes
Basic Edition Features
- Innovative gameplay (Wheel of Fortune meets Lode Runner)
- Futuristic fairy tale story, told over the course of 26 levels
- Inspiring synthesizer soundtrack
- Over 160 possible words to guess, each with its own visual clue
- Puzzles with multiple solutions
- Randomization of words and level layouts, making each playthrough slightly different
- Unique zoom-based health system
- A preview of the Deluxe Edition's two-player "Challenge a Friend" mode
Deluxe Edition Features
- Five-level Epilogue
- 26 Lost Levels, featuring a new "broken jetpack" (aka double-jump) mechanic
- Two-player "Challenge a Friend" mode
- Text-based Level Editor, which can be used to create your own levels and stories
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux, HTML5|
|Author||Ehren von Lehe|
|Made with||GIMP, Unity|
|Tags||1-bit, hangman, Level Editor, Lo-fi, Puzzle-Platformer, spelling, story, word, Word game|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any)|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
infinite health bug. just reset then get star on level J.
When you reset, your health should also be reset to whatever it was when the level started. Are you seeing something different?
a new update? though this game was done since i havent played since like 2020, amazing work my bro!
This is incredible. There's nothing else to say