Version 1.6.4 is now live. It includes a few new words/clues.
A downloadable game for Windows and Mac OS X
"A well-crafted puzzle adventure with innovative gameplay and plenty of heart."
– Free Game Planet
"Plangman is the platforming version of Hangman, and you can't see me now but I'm giving that portmanteau a standing ovation."
– PC Gamer
"Plangman is a unique game with a fantastic story to tell, one that I beat in one sitting without so much as standing up to get water."
– Indie Bytes
"Kids will not only enjoy Plangman, but they'll be thinking ahead, reading a storyline, putting together letters and spelling out words that are sometimes quite challenging."
– Getting Kids Reading
Plangman is the classic word-guessing game hangman turned into a retro puzzle-platformer.
But the words you're guessing are not entirely random. Rather, they're scattered fragments from your own forgotten story—a story of unrequited love, war, and rivalry whose end is yet to be written.
Plangman is a hangman platformer, but it's also much more: a heartfelt tale of perseverance in which you attempt to unlock the past, save the future, and rescue the girl you love.
Stuck? Check the walkthrough.
|Published||356 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, Mac OS X|
|Author||Ehren von Lehe|
|Tags||1-bit, 2D, Education, hangman, Minimalist, Pixel Art, Retro, Singleplayer, story, word|
|License||All rights reserved|
|Asset license||All rights reserved|
|Average duration||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, XBox 360 controllers, Gamepad (any)|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
Version 1.6.3 is now live. Here's what's included:
- Expanded some of the shorter levels
- Added a "time to complete" stat that appears when a level is completed
- Fixed some physics bugs (e.g. pushing and standing on loose blocks on moving platforms, cases where swiftly falling blocks could end up embedded partway inside other blocks, etc.)
- Fixed some cases where enemies wouldn't be smashed
- Improved the hoverboard controls, and added a checkpoint inside the tower
- Other minor fixes and improvements
This is incredible. There's nothing else to say